Driven by Jon and Gina Siddins, Team 24oz is a front running tarmac rally team with a pedigree of excellence in racing events across the country, including the complete Targa series.
Whilst the drivers are talented, with more than 40 years’ combined racing experience, the hero of the team is the 1970 Datsun 240Z coupe. The 300hp beauty has been delivering solid results for 10 years and can go 0-100km/h in 5.5 seconds – not bad for a 50 year old classic.
This will be NAPA Auto Parts first foray into motorsport, with big plans in the future for more racing events.
See NAPA Auto Parts and Team 24oz at Targa Great Barrier Reef in Cairns from August 30 to 1 September and Challenge Bathurst from 28 November to 1 December.
Team 24oz previous racing achievements include:
- 2016 Shannons Classic GT Champions
- 2017 Shannons Classic GT Champions
- 9th outright in the 2017 Targa Tasmania event (against some of the fastest and most expensive cars in the world)
- 2019 Targa Tasmania results
- 2nd Overall in Classic GT
- 1st in class in George Town Street Stage
- 8th Outright in George Town Street Stage
- 1st in Paloona Stage in class
- 1st in Gunns Plains Stage in class
- 1st in Strahan Stage in class
- 1st in Tinderbox Stage in class
- 1st in Pelverata Stage in Class
- 1st in Gardners Bay Stage in Class
- 1st in Cygnet Stage in Class
- 1st in Longley Stage in Class
- 23 Outright out of 131 cars